- November 18, 2019
- Posted by: Andrew Rice
- Category: Branding, Domains
What makes a brand or domain name catchy? Here are some key elements to memorability:
- Action Words (verbs) – Words that represent doing something are highly memorable
- Danger and Excitement – It nearly impossible to forget something you are afraid of!
- Visual – Many memorable names inspire the senses, especially things you see.
- Reverse psychology – It can be very hip to use a word that is the opposite of what you do. A great example of this is Slack.com which is a service designed to increase productivity.
- Brevity – Short names are easy to remember.