- October 14, 2019
- Posted by: Andrew Rice
- Category: Branding, Domains
What makes a good domain name?
There are a few things a buyer should consider when evaluating a premium domain name for their business:
- Is the domain name catchy and memorable?
- Does the domain name make a good brand? Could a company be built on the name?
- Is the name easy to spell?
- Is the domain name short? Most good brands are 12 letters or less in length.
- How old is the domain name? Domain age should be looked at as many of the best domain names are older.
- Is the domain name a single word .com or a quality two word .com?
This is just a pointed check list of what makes a good domain name. Any one of the items on the list is worthy of a more in depth explanation. Look forward to a more thorough analysis of each one of these topics in the weeks to come.