- October 21, 2019
- Posted by: Andrew Rice
- Category: Branding, Business, Domains
Two word domain names are some of the most common URLs in use today. What makes a good two word domain name? Here are some questions to consider:
- Are the two words a common phrase? A common two word phrase can be as meaningful as a single dictionary word. Some examples of common two word phrases include “web design”, “foreign policy” or “true love”.
- Is the name short? Even though the brand is two words, it should still be 12 letters long or less.
- Do the two words represent my business or industry?
- Are there already keyword searches for the two word phrase?
- Is the name related to a local industry that your are targeting? A good example is the domain I own DublinFlorist.com. This is the perfect domain name for a florist in Dublin.
In short, a two word phrase can be a good domain name and a good brand if it is meaningful, short and representative of the product/service you are targeting.